Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lazy weekend

We spent a quiet, very lazy weekend at the lake with Mom. Reading, lazing on the boat, playing cribbage, visiting with the neighbors. My goal for the weekend was to rest my hand from working and catch up on my reading. I believe I succeeded quite nicely. We did manage to put Mom's hummingbird feeder up. A chain was found to hang it from as the old fish line was broken. We didn't see any birds at the feeder, but I'm sure they will find it soon.

I didn't even get my camera out until this swallowtail butterfly showed up for lunch. Of course he had disappeared by the time I got it out of the bag, but he was nice enough to return after a few minutes for his photo-op.


butterfly - _005a

butterfly - _006a

butterfly - _007a

butterfly - _008a

butterfly - _009a
Enough pictures, there he goes.

butterfly - phlox_002
These come up by the cottage every year, planted by Mom years ago from seed. We were guessing they were phlox, but google suggests they are Sweet William (dianthus). I will have to remember to tell Mom.

butterfly - _001a butterfly - _003a







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...